  • Subject: Can't keep QEJBADMIN running
  • From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:33:13 -0500

Thought I'd crosspost this in a couple of mailing lists:
---

Hey folks!  I'm close to getting WAS3.5 running, but QEJBADMIN won't stay
up.  I'm getting an error, MCH74A0 in QJVAJNI.  (I'm re-IPLing as we speak,
just to make sure there's nothing flaky because I just installed WebSphere,
but let me move forward despite that).

I looked on the IBM website, and lo and behold, got exactly the problem:

----------
If these jobs do not stay active, check in the QEJBADMIN job log for a
message MCH74A0 T/QJVAJNI.

This is usually caused by either the Domain information not being entered or
the Fully Qualified Domain name not existing in the Host Table on OS/400.

Make sure OS/400 has information filled in on CFGTCP, option 12, for the
Host and Domain Names. Assure that OS/400 has this Fully Qualified Domain
Name (host.domain) associated with an address on CFGTCP, option 10.
---------

Well, this looks like EXACTLY the problem!  I'm saved!

Or maybe not.  Because my option 10 and option 12 seem to be just fine.
They look like this:

                      Work with TCP/IP Host Table Entries
                                                             System:
S105GPCM
 Type options, press Enter.
   1=Add   2=Change   4=Remove   5=Display   7=Rename

      Internet         Host
 Opt  Address          Name

      10.1.1.65        PBD270.PLUTABROTHERS.COM
                       PBD270
      127.0.0.1        LOOPBACK
                       LOCALHOST

Bottom
 F3=Exit   F5=Refresh   F6=Print list   F12=Cancel   F17=Position to

                        Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Host name  . . . . . . . . . . .   'PBD270'

 Domain name  . . . . . . . . . .   'PLUTABROTHERS.COM'

 Host name search priority  . . .   *LOCAL        *REMOTE, *LOCAL, *SAME
 Domain name server:
   Internet address . . . . . . .   *NONE

Bottom
 F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F10=Additional parameters   F12=Cancel
 F13=How to use this display        F24=More keys

According to this, I have a name, PBD270.PLUTABROTHERS.COM, that is linked
to my TCP/IP address of 10.1.1.65 (which points to my ethernet card).  So, I
look for more information and find that I probably need a group PTF (which
for some unknown reason was NOT shipped when I ordered WebSphere).  I tried
logging into the iPTF system (even though I have a feeling I can't get the
Group PTF via iPTF).  No matter, it didn't recognize my password.  I tried
re-registering, but the US Registration isn't working.  So I've
re-registered via the non-US registration (although I was able to enter my
country as United States), and now I'm waiting for the registration to go
through.  No luck so far.

And of course, there's no darned iPTF capability for the group PTF.

If IBM were TRYING to make it difficult to get going with WebSphere, they
couldn't do a much better job than this.

Sheesh

+---