  • Subject: Easy400 Web site
  • From: Jon.Paris@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:42:55 -0400

For those of you concerned over the fate of the Easy400 web site, fear not.
While Giovanni is undoubtedly under constant pressure to justify the site
in a Java/WebSphere crazy world, he has not been shut down.  However, don't
let this stop you from offering your support when the site comes back up!!

There has been a technical fault in the system which apparently cannot be
remedied remotely and requires someone to physically do something.  Since
this is a public holiday in Italy (and the systems affected are not
considered critical) nothing will be done to fix it until tomorrow.

So relax all you CGIDEV2 fans, your favorite web site is intact.

PS.  Since Susan and I spent the weekend writing an article on the subject
of CGIDEV2 for iSeries Magazine, you can imagine we were more than somewhat
relieved by this news!

PPS.  When writing support letters please try to avoid derogatory remarks
about Java, WebSphere, etc.  they will just render the notes useless to
Giovanni.  What I often stress to IBM management when discussing these
things is that places like Easy400 and the CGIDEV2 tool set make it
possible for many of us to demonstrate to management what can be done with
the AS/400.  Once the AS/400 is once again seen as part of our corporate
web strategy _then_ I can make the case that we should perhaps spend the
time/money to investigate other tools (such as Java) in areas where they
make sense.

+---