  • Subject: RE: HTTP V4R4 web server setup
  • From: "Bleddyn Williams" <bleddyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:32:46 -0000

Hi Christopher you will be much better of using the root IFS (which QDLS and QSYS are part of) to store your web pages. Its the fastest part of the IFS to serve content from. Your pass statement would look something like the following in order to access content from there.

PASS   /*   /www/mysite/*

Where under the root IFS you have created a directory called www and under that a subdirectory of mysite, where my site is your website name. By using the root you could then use a mapped drive, Netserver or FTP to load content onto the system. Using netserver would allow you to use tools such as Dreamweaver, Homesite or any other HTML editors to get at the content. Also when you look at other options in the future such as WebSphere & Apache they all put content into the root IFS, such as servlets, JSP's and configuration files.

Thanks Bleddyn

http://www.ignite400.org - eBusiness iSeries/400 User Group

Hello all - A couple quick questions.  I'm working on setting up the V4R4 web server, and am planning on using a QDLS directory for my HTML only pages, and a QSYS.LIB library for my CGI programs.  If my PASS commands are setup correctly, this should be a good setup - correct?

Christopher A. Libby, Programmer/Analyst
Maine Public Service Company (www.mainepublicservice.com)
clibby@mainepublicservice.com (207) 768-5811 ext. 2210