I remember that thread from January now. There were a lot of references to "zscaler" which we don't use. So I didn't know how to proceed.

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Steve Ferrell via WDSCI-L
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2024 12:41
To: Rational Developer for IBM i <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Steve Ferrell <Steve.Ferrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] updating from RDi

Hi Elden,

You could do as Josée suggests; downloading the 9801 and 9802 zips and install them using Install new software.

Looking back at your previous messages I see you had issues in January 2024 installing 9.8.0.1. I had sent instructions how to update the certificates then.

If you are STILL having certificate issues, I'd suggest a fresh install of 9.8.0.0 into c:\IBM instead of c:\ like you currently are. Most companies restrict root level access.

Other people experience certificate issues because they moved the directory, installed it escalated as admin, or installed it into 'Program Files' shared location.

Before you do the fresh install, I'd suggest exporting your preferences. Go File -> Export -> Rational Developer for i -> Configuration Files then press Next -> Make sure all are selected including Editor Templates (in case you have modified any). Then select Next again. Then follow the prompts to save using a .cfg type.

If you do a fresh install, check for updates will take you from 9.8.0.0 to 9.8.0.2 in one step; if your download times out, simply re-run the check to complete. It also means you likely will not run into certificate issues when 9.8.0.3 is released.

The import after a fresh install is similar; File -> Import -> Rational Developer for i -> Configuration Files -> Next, then browse or type the location you just saved to.

Hope this helps!