On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 at 17:13, Jim Oberholtzer
<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A new license. However if you are current with maintenance you can get it

Terminology is going to get us all in the end.

When I interact with Passport Advantage, I order D0C5HLL which is
'License, subscription and support' for 'Developer for i RPG & COBOL
Tools Authorized User'. This is the base with one year support. I also
have two E08DBLL which are one year support. This gives me three years
of SWMA/licence/entitlement for RDi - all supported versions.

To my mind, if I have a current SWMA, that is the 'paperwork' which
grants me a licence or entitlement to all versions of RDi that IBM
supports.
They implement that licence via Activation Kits which are specific to
each version; I have downloaded and applied one Activation Kit that I
used for all of my 9.6 installs, and a different one that I used for
all of my 9.8 installs.

--buck