From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Eddie Parker
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2024 10:41 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] [EXTERNAL] IBM Rational Developer for i 9.8.0.1 fixpack is now available!

I had the same issue Greg. Nothing I did would make 9.8 work.
Fortunately, I had retained my 9,6 version. I explained the problem in a ticket to IBM. I showed them the error messages I was receiving. The only "solution" they had was to uninstall 9.8, reinstall it, apply the fix pack, then load any plugins. No one explained what the errors meant. No one seemed to care that a full reinstall would take valuable business time.
They just didn't seem to care. Because the fix pack destroyed 9,8 and I wasn't getting any real help from IBM, I'm in the process of reinstalling 9,8, while using 9.6 for business. I've gotten to the point where I'm able to install the fix pack on a refreshed 9.8. Now I just need to see if the plugins will work with the new version. This never happened to me with any previous version of RDi and it just seems like the IBM development team doesn't care and didn't test this so-called fix before throwing it out.
IBM used to give stellar help. Now, they've gotten as bad as Microsoft.