As for the great plugins like iSphere, Thomas Raddatz wrote something in May, that always worked for me:

Hi All,

I released iSphere 5.2.9.r, which fixes the compatibility issue between the iSphere Compare Filsters plug-in and RDi 9.8.

I also confirm, that using "http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/*"; as the update site works for the following plug-ins:

* iRPGUnit
* iSphere
* JCRCMDS
* Rapid Fire

The update sites of these plug-ins would be:

http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/irpgunit/eclipse/rdi8.0/

http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/isphere/eclipse/rdi8.0/

http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/jcrcmds/eclipse/rdi8.0/

http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/rapid-fire/eclipse/rdi8.0/

But I noticed several read-timouts with that update sites so that it took me 1-3 attempts to get a plug-in installed. So it might be easier and less painful to use the zipped update sites instead. For example, you could download the update site zip file and extract it to a local folder or to a folder on a server and install the plug-in from that folder. This way you had a stable name for the update site that your colleagues could use, too.

Yes. It was great if I could use another update server for the plug-ins.

Regards,

Thomas