Thanks Jon...

I'm using DATA-GEN with YAJLDTAGEN and it seems to just "hang" for lack of a better term. My IFS file gets generated with 0 KB, but I never get past that spot in debug (I didn't step into it).
Could it be a debug issue since RDi doesn't recognize?
Or maybe because I don't have num_orders and num_lines?

Code...

dcl-ds json qualified inz;
dcl-ds orders dim(50);
com_nbr varchar(3) inz('');
order_nbr varchar(8) inz('');
.
.
.

note varchar(200) inz('');
dcl-ds lines dim(500);
line_seq int(5) inz(0);
part_nbr varchar(14) inz('');
.
.
.
innr_qty int(10) inz(0);
end-ds;
total_count int(10) inz(0);
end-ds;
end-ds;

DATA-GEN json %DATA('myJSONfile.json' : 'doc=file output=clear countprefix=num_')
%GEN('YAJLDTAGEN');