I suspect it wouldn't be difficult to do a "portable" install of RDi on a
thumb drive.

That's assuming that you don't have the authority to run the install on the
company provided laptop.

Legally, if you pay for the RDi license, you can install it on multiple
computers as long as your not using it on more than one at a time.

Charles