After using the SQL formatter (Enhanced mode on) on a healthy SQL
statement, my compile listing shows 1,300 pages of error SQL0007 with
increasing row numbers and positions:
SQL0007 20 5754 Position 137 Character ' ' (HEX X'00') not valid in
SQL statement.

RDi chokes on the error list and doesn't return a compile failure message
or populate the error table. The positions range from 113 to 137. My
source file record length is 112 and is in free format (but not **FREE).
Both of the SQL work files are 112 bytes. I've scanned the member for
characters less than x'40' and none show up...but then where are columns
113-137? I've used iSphere's source compare and can't identify anything
because the reformatter touched and changed/indented nearly every line. No
errors show in SEU. I use copy books but none were open. I suspect the
problem occurred when I pressed Ctrl+Shift+F when not on an SQL statement.
Perhaps the formatter doesn't understand the INCLUDE statement.

I have backup--fortunately, I was merely refactoring and I spent more time
trying to figure out what's wrong that I spent refactoring. This is not
the first time the formatter (in this and previous releases) has
misbehaved--often it keeps on going after SQL's semicolon and upper-cases
keyword shared by ILE RPG and SQL. But it's a hard problem to duplicate.

Regards-
Xavier