Back in 2014 I posted an entry on this matter. Suddenly within the last week the issue is happening, and the things which I have done before aren't working.

The issue is that I start up RDi and one of the processes behind the scenes is a service labeled "Initializing Projects". This appears on the Progress tab. Previously when that launches, it only takes a second or two before it completes. Now it continually runs as if something is hung or waiting for something else to complete.

When this happens, as soon as I try to expand the tree in the Remote Systems view, the application hangs. My only recourse is to ctrl-alt-del and end the Java process, which in turns throws up an error window with a lot of information, most which is Greek to me, but it has an error ending code of 1.

I have tried to resolve this by adding the -clean option to the program call, but that didn't work. I reviewed the subsystem to see if there was a hung job like QZDASOINIT or QZRCSRVS but I don't see one out there, even under my profile name.

The only most recent event I can think of that changed was my password expired and was changed. I've tried things like disconnecting and reconnecting, even clearing the password table to force it to ask me for my current password, but nothing like that works.

The other thing is, with COVID-19 in play, we are working remotely (at home). However for the first couple of weeks the application worked fine.

Any clues as to what might be happening? I don't even know if "Initializing Projects" is essential given we don't utilize anything project related. I'd disable that feature but don't know how, or where, in the Windows - Preferences area that would be done.

This e-mail and attachment(s) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy the message and any copies thereof. Although Associated Banc-Corp and/or its affiliates (collectively "Associated") attempt to prevent the passage of viruses via e-mail and attachments thereto, Associated does not guarantee that either are virus-free, and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of any such viruses.

Any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used or referred to in the promoting, marketing, or recommending of any entity, investment plan or agreement, nor is such advice intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Tax Code.