Hi Vern,

Honestly I do not understand your response. Of course RDi uses QUSRLIBL and QSYSLIBL, because that is the default when a user signs on to the system. But RDi let you define a library list in the properties of a remote connection.

We use CMOne and of course it also has its own library lists when compiling objects for different applications. I do not have problems when compiling objects with CMOne but this time I had a problem when running a unit test for a bug fix out of our applications and hence without CMOne. The key was that RDi did not replace the library list that I got from my job description, which I expected that it will do so.

Regards,

Thomas.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Vernon Hamberg
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2020 15:11
An: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Betreff: Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE library list problem

IIRC, RDi uses QUSRLIBL and QSYSLIBL, just like any other app that
doesn't use some kind of initial program.

Is that correct? Again, we use Turnover, and that has its own LIBL
feature per application in TO.

Just curious
Vern

On 1/23/2020 7:53 AM, Justin Taylor wrote:
Personally, I never considered the behavior "wrong".

We don't use the RDi library list. We just use the "Initial command" to call a CL to do the setup.



-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Raddatz [mailto:thomas.raddatz@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:20 AM
To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RSE library list problem

Hi,

Although I use RDi for a couple of years, I did not yet notice the following problem before. But now I run into a problem when running a certain unit test. I always thought that the libraries that I specify at "Connection - Subsystem - Objects Tab - Library list" are used for building the library list when establishing a connection to a remote system.

But apparently that is wrong, since in fact the libraries are added to the initial library list of my user profile. For example:

The initial library list of my user profile is:

QSYS2924
UBMSYS
QSYS
QSYS2
QHLPSYS
QUSRSYS
RADDATZ400
QTEMP
QGPL
RZ.FOO
RZ.BAR

The library list of the RSE connection is:

LIBHTTP139

Now, when the connection is made, the library list of the connection is:

QSYS2924
UBMSYS
QSYS
QSYS2
QHLPSYS
QUSRSYS
RADDATZ400
QTEMP
QGPL
RZ.FOO
RZ.BAR
LIBHTTP139

This behavior makes it difficult to specify the proper library list for a connection. Sadly I cannot use "CHGLIBL *NONE" as the "Initial command" of the connection to clear the library list before, because the initial command is execute after the library list was built.

Of course I can fix the library list when I specify the libraries with "library position" *FIRST in reverse order. That is not nice and hard to read, but at last it works.

How do you specify the library list of your RSE connections to get the right list?

Things would be so easy if there was a checkbox "Replace initial library list" on the properties dialog of the RSE connection.

Regards,

Thomas.
--
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.



As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.