For what it's worth, we've been having the same issue with SEPs sometimes
failing to break since the days of WDSC. I've opened tickets with IBM in
the past. I've even spoken to some of the RDi developers at our local user
group. No solution as far as I know. IBM was unable to recreate the problem
on my last ticket.

For me, if is critical that the debug breaks when I need it, I don't trust
it to the RDi debugger. Other developers in our shop have had similar
experiences and most refuse to use the RDi debugger because they can't
trust it. Some use the Java debugger. Some use the green screen debugger.

Cheers,
Lorne