We use Aldon plugin as well. We are at 8.2.202.v201812251355 of the LM plugin feature and RDi 9.6.0.5 and no longer need to use the 2.0 support. My first suggestion is to get up to date on both. There something else that needs to be considered as well that we still have to add at 9.6 RDi that should help with the HTTP issue.

From a OneNote written by another of our developers;
RDI 9.5 Proxy Fix
"There is a bug in Eclipse 4.4 where it is unable to authenticate with our proxy server. Here is a fix that disables the broken file transfer provider.
Run "Notepad" (or another editor) as Administrator.
File->Open.
Navigate to the install folder of RDI 9.5.
Here are some posiblities:
C:\IBM\SDP95
C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP95

Edit the "eclipse.ini" file.

Add this line to the end of the file:
-Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.excludeContributors=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient4

Save the file.
Close RDi and restart from short cut or menu. Just using restart from the file menu does not seem to trigger this change.
"

RDI 9.5 - Eclipse 2.0 Style Plugin Support
"Open RDI.
Select Help-> Install New Software

Copy and paste the following line into the "Work Field" input at the top of the screen.
Then click Add.
The Eclipse Project Updates - http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.4

When the screen loads, scroll down to "Eclipse Tests, Examples, and Extras".

Select "Eclipse 2.0 Style Plugin Support" and install.

RDI 9.5.1.1 may need to get a newer version of the plugin:
Test The Eclipse Project Updates - http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5
"Eclipse Tests, Examples, and Extras""

-Matt