There are several RFEs for getting code assist - by whatever name - to those complaining, just get out there and vote - to the rest of us who want it, get out there and vote!!

Here are the ones I could find:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=128840 - Add SQL Assist to Run SQL Scripts (the F4 from the fat client) - 26 votes
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=123901 - IBM i ACS Run SQL Intellisense functionality - 47 votes http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=115073 - Run SQL Scripts - Autocomplete - 65 votes All you need is to create a free IBM ID to have an effect on what IBM does. Regards Vern
On 3/29/2019 10:05 AM, Greg Wilburn wrote:
Who invented SQL?

Now there's some irony.

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 11:01 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Step over a subroutine

Greg,

For most SQL client, just highlight and run the selected SQL. I use that all the time.

I use the following SQL Clients:
SquirrelSQL.org --> Highlight & Ctrl+Enter Run ACS Script --> Highlight & Ctrl+R (Run one statement at time.) IBM Data Studio --> Highlight & F5. Just like Microsoft! Their SQL Client is SUPERIOR. Code-Assist and EVERYTHING. I just wish it would work with DB2.

Our Microsoft Engineers laughed at the lack-luster Run ACS Scripts & IBM Data-Studio. Compared to MS SSMS, it is garbage in comparison. Hence, why we are stuck switching over to Microsoft SQL. <sad> Replicate db2 to Microsoft SQL, where they have better tools. <sad>

Yup, they watch me manually type out the field names, and ask, doesn't IBM have "code-Assist". I tell them NOPE, unless you want to set up a complicate IBM Data-Studio Project. What a "joke" they say... Yeah, I wish we had better tools like y'all do with Microsoft... <Sad>

Better tools, Happy Developers! <Just saying...> Keep it SIMPLE!

PS. At least Green Screen SQL has very simple prompting for field-names. I often using Green screen SQL, because it has prompting.

-Ken Killian-