On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 16:40, Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did an Alt+S to split the screen. And RDI wipe out my code. I did it several times to be sure. https://imgur.com/a/OaJcxt2

Totally weird :-( Your PC is haunted :-/

My Microsoft Co-Workers were laughing, that I have to use ALT+S to split-line. What is wrong with Enter to split a line. I said that is NOT how RDI works on Exec SQL lines. Oh well.

You know, I've been doing Alt-S for so long that it hadn't even
occurred to me that this was undesirable. But I like the way you're
thinking, so I poked around.

Lpex is so configurable that I thought to myself that there must be
some way of making Enter always split the line. I looked through the
menus and didn't see anything obvious.

I discovered that when the 'Repeat previous specification' is turned
off, Enter does split the line; just not doing a 'shift'. Yes, even
in SQL lines.

Now that might be what you're after, but for my own edification, I
wanted to see if I gould get Split-and-Shift' to manifest itself. And
so I went a step deeper, into the key assignment menu.
Window > Preferences > Lpex Editor > User Key Actions.

I added a new (the first) action.
In the Key box I typed Enter, in the Action box I chose the drop-down
for splitAndShift
That sort of works - my keypad Enter does the split-and-shift but the
main Enter key does not. Hm.

So I looked into the general key assignments.
General > Keys
Filter on 'enter' and I don't see /either/ of the Enter keys listed.
Nor do I see anything for 'split'.
Well isn't that something?
This can only mean that the RDi plug-in co-opts these keystrokes. I
have a feeling that I could write my own plug-in that intercepts the
interception, but that such a plug-in would give poor Mike fits trying
to figure out why my RDi is unique in all the world :-/

Well.
What does this all mean?

It means that it doesn't seem a simple task to reassign Enter to
splitAndShift in all Lpex cases. I think. Perhaps an RFE is in
order? All we want is to expose more keystrokes to the General > Keys
menu. Or maybe there's already an extension point available? I
didn't dig that deeply. Yet, haha. My wife is going to pull my
fingers from their sockets if I work on this all weekend, lol.
--buck