I am using Rational Developer for i version: 9.6.0.1 and Data Studio 4.1.3.
When using the "IBM SQL and Routine Development" perspective it allows me
to debug a store procedure once and then throws an error. The steps I follow
are

1) Save the stored procedure

2) Deploy the routine to the database server

3) Debug the routine on the database server

I am able to get through all three steps once. Should I make a change to
the stored procedure I am able to save it, "Deploy the routine to the
database server", but when I "Debug the routine on the database server" it
throws an error of "The routine is not deployed for debug. To continue, you
must deploy the routine for debug."

Here are the results I get when I do the deployment the first time and I am
able to continue and debug the stored procedure :

Deploy [SQLStuff]SQLLIB.GET_PII

Running

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Deploy for debug started.

DROP SPECIFIC PROCEDURE SQLLIB.GETPII

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Drop stored procedure completed.

SET CURRENT DEBUG MODE = ALLOW

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Create stored procedure completed.

SET CURRENT DEBUG MODE = DISALLOW

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Deploy for debug successful.

Here are the results I get when I do the deployment any time after the first
deployment and the "Debug the routine on the database server" throws an
error :

Deploy [SQLStuff]SQLLIB.GET_PII

Running

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Deploy for debug started.

DROP SPECIFIC PROCEDURE SQLLIB.GETPII

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Drop stored procedure completed.

SET CURRENT DEBUG MODE = ALLOW

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Create stored procedure completed.

SET CURRENT DEBUG MODE = DISALLOW

SQLLIB.GET_PII - Deploy for debug successful.

Have any of you experienced something like this?

Bruce Collins

Houston County Commission

462 N Oates St

Dothan, AL 36303