From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:26 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Find/Replace in multiple source members

Hi Greg

I don't know about in RDi - I've used PDM to do something like this - there are a couple hopscotch steps, of course!

1. Assuming all are in the same source file, select the members with option 25 on each member 2. Press enter 3. On the prompt you see,
    a. Put in your old program name in the search field
    b. Make the edit option a 2
4. Press enter again
5. IN the first source member, press F14
    a Put the new program name in the replace field
    b. Change occurrences to process to a 2 for All
    c. Check that you allow data shift
    d. Press F17 to do the changes
    e. Press F3, then Enter to save
6. For each subsequent members, press F17, then F3, then Enter to change and save the changes

There - EZ-PZ - I don't think iSphere has this functionality, although it could be a cool feature to add.

And there still ARE some very strong capabilities in PDM!

I've not tried this in the PDM options part of RDi, however - who knows?
It might be doable there, as well, and that'd be very cool!

HTH
Vern