Alan,

For the heck of it. Trying disconnecting to your IBM i. And then reconnect, and then try to open... Worth a shot...

Sadly, we have had two IBM i Developers have "Stop-Stoppers", where they too were unable to open RDI 9.6.0.1.

One senior developer with 30-years' experience lost 3-hours uninstalling & reinstalling RDI 9.6.0.1 to be able to edit code! His pc went into a lop showing the splash screen! Ouch! (Download RDI, Unzip-it, re-install IBM IM & RDi 9.6.0.1. And then re-set up connections, etc...)

Another senior developer could open a member using RD 9.6.0.1 after a re-install either. But, she was using an existing workspace. So, maybe it was corrupt. She has re-installed 9.5 and is using that for now. At least the previous version works!

I love RDI, but once in a while "Show-Stoppers" pop-up.

Now, I could open up the member in failure, so I *assume* that possibly her workspace is corrupt, not sure. She works remotely, and she has a huge workload. She does not have time to debug non-working RDI 9.6.0.1. I did open a PMR 08256 442 000, and sent in the error log. IBM support said to try the "-clean" and new workspace. At the moment, she does not have time for that.

When RDI works, it is the Absolute BEST! But, when you run into "show-stoppers", you lost of the "great-time-saving-features" of RDI...
<Disappointment> Wish it were more reliable...

I have experience your pain with RDI show-stoppers. :(

Some Solution that "usual" resolve issues:
* Restart RDI
* Restart RDI with the "-clean" option. This usually takes 5-10 minutes! You have been warned!
* Create new workspace
--> recommend Export/Importing setting from your old work-space.

With over 12-years using RDI, I am experienced at creating new workspace. But, newbies are NOT use to these recovery procedures.

It would be nice to have a "Simple" web-site on those recovery procedures.

PS. Still LOVE RDI over SEU. Diagnosing errors in RDI is a pain...

On the plus side, IBM support has been wonderful! We have gotten many bugs fixed via APARS! Duplicating the scenarios is the hardest part. I need a Dash-Camera for my monitor, for when whacky things happen! <LOL>

-Ken Killian-