Alan,

I had problem with Java-9 with IBM ACS, so I downgraded from Java-9 back down to Java-8. But, somehow I doubt that is your problem...

By the way, RDI uses it OWN Java usually install in this windows folder:
C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP_96\jdk

Note: I rename my "SDP" to "SDP_96"... SDP = Software Development Platform. Just a naming convention...

But, I recommend checking your error-Log to check for possible errors:

Normal path might be something like this on a windows box.

C:\Users\USER-NAME\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\.metadata

Check for a file called ".log", hopefully, that might give you an indication...

I have had many issues with RDI, but nothing like what you mention ever...

I am ****assuming*** that you were able to connect to your IBM i Power system. And I am also ****assuming**** you have complete authority to your windows box. Often with Windows, I have to the do the "Run as Administrator..." especially on a re-install...

Best of luck to you!

After the fact, it will probably be something simple like an authority issue. My assumption... <grin>

-Ken Killian-