Actually I had exactly the same thing today.

It's the first time I have seen it.

I had a smallish subroutine maybe 20 lines long.

I wrapped it in a monitor block.

I went to the On-Error *All section and was trying to type:

If %Open()

But I got the exactly the error Ken has linked above. I got around it by
typing the IF and then the ENDIF and then inserting the BIF afterwards.

I haven't seen it before and my best guess is that it has something to do
that with the fact that I'm upsetting live parsing because in this instance
I had two SQLRPGLE members in the editor from different applications and so
my library list was only in synch with one of them.

If I get a chance I'll try to find a post on midrange.com that tells me how
I can get more error details from RDi about what is actually happening.

On another issue that may or not be related...
Twice today I've hit Ctrl-2 top open a second copy of a member and after a
short while have got an error message at the bottom of the UI:

"Uncaught exception in class
"com.ibm.etools.iseries.parsers.ISeriesEditorRPGILEFormatLine@6064925b".
Listener was removed."

I was unable to cut and paste that as once the error occurs Eclipse seems
unresponsive apart from being able to close the main application window.
So, I could possibly have made a typo above but hopefully it's correct.

regards,
Craig