The only time I see the search "hang" is when the process is gathering its list of members to search. Once that is done the back ground activity runs in normal time. You can see the job by doing WRKACTJOB SBS(QUSRWRK). Put your cursor on the current user column, press F16 to sort then look for your user name. I believe the search function runs through a QZRCSRVS job. You can look at the job stack or file I/O to see if its functioning as expected.

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Richards
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 5:00 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [WDSCI-L] iSphere Source File Search hanging.

Hi All,

I'm using RDI 9.6.0.1 and the latest version of iSphere.

I've notice over the last couple of days that the iSphere Source File Search seems to hang sometimes though not always.

I right-click a source file from the Remote System Work with members filter and select iSphere Source File Search and the dialog box comes up where I enter my search string.

I ran it earlier and it worked fine.

But I ran it again just now and all that happened is the status line at the bottom of the screen is showing:

iSphere Source File Search: (0%)

and the green progress bar cycling around from 0 to 100%

I'm working on a VPN connection and I do have timeout problems from time to time where I lose the connection and end up having to end the DDM Server Job QRWTSRVR.

But I don't think that is what is happening in this case because I can still work on and save open members in the editor.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Is there a way I can look at logs or something to find out what is going on?

thanks kindly,
Craig
visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.midrange.com_mailman_listinfo_wdsci-2Dl&d=DwICAg&c=2S-2xx8Cum_thMfWs-kOOHQTwolPvSZ4PFLhr1wDDGs&r=wgq2KO1Tl8HswJht2RKpmz7qvL2YDU_M-VhnRH6r43I&m=uBiO5_JHVn9UcEHXb9cWMMzVkd2KffjwbaNivDCuP4A&s=seCszvY1PTp6UFQAbZq2luSgEKZwhidVhIM0vzVpj_o&e=
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archive.midrange.com_wdsci-2Dl&d=DwICAg&c=2S-2xx8Cum_thMfWs-kOOHQTwolPvSZ4PFLhr1wDDGs&r=wgq2KO1Tl8HswJht2RKpmz7qvL2YDU_M-VhnRH6r43I&m=uBiO5_JHVn9UcEHXb9cWMMzVkd2KffjwbaNivDCuP4A&s=Due-1MYb4cocpDUiylg-0JTPbB8Kfad8pvwuN83zPbk&e=.