Mark,

Production source is 112 for QRPGLESRC. My QRPGLESRC length is 262 in my library only. Which when I try to open in SEU, I get this Error message:
Record length greater than 240

If put code past column-100, it is truncated. Which I rarely do. Our professional change management tool Turnover, catches this error when I promote to QA for testing/verification. SoftLanding/Turnover has had an RDI plugin since about 2006! (Or maybe earlier...) I am highly cognizant of that my longer source file.

So, to tell a story about learning new technology, you HAVE TO USE it, to learn it. Pretty simple.

Having a bicycle, and having sit in the garage, and say "I have the bicycle, but I will try it when I free time. I would never learn ride a bike. I discovered it was fun fast and more efficient!" Just like RDI/LPEX!

So, an IBM i Professional, that KNEW SQL very well. I asked him how he learn SQL so well. And to share his secrets with me. He told me do you know "WRKQRY"? Yes, I replied... He told me to NEVER use it again! Which force him to learn SQL, and he mention it was EXTREMELY PAINFUL at first...
<Point made!> He also told me to use the "DB2 SQL Cookbook", which I highly recommend.

You only learn something by actually using it and exploring the software. Just like RPGLE.

Sorry, for the soapbox speech, but just want to make the point, WHY I made my source file longer.
<Big Grin>

So, even after using RDI for over 12 years, I still seem to learn new things. I was cleaning up my source file. I notice that the work with member has a "MOVE" option! Cool! Normally with PDM, I have to copy to my archive file, and then delete the member. RDI allows me to old/back-up source members to an ARCHIVE source file ONE-STEP! Awesome!

Go RDI/LPEX/RSE Power!

-Ken Killian-