On Mon, 8 Jan 2018, Thomas Raddatz wrote:

There is no need for uninstalling iSphere when upgrading to a new release of RDi. However it is always a good >idea to update iSphere before updating RDi. This time iSphere had a problem with RDi 9.6 because of a wrong >dependency entry. But that had been fixed in October 2017 with v3.1.0.r.

However the problem you described does not seem to be related to RDi 9.6 but to a corrupt local update site >(zip) file. From my point of view the SourceForge server is not the most reliable server on the Internet and >I assume that you downloaded a corrupt zip file. The correct size of the zip file is 27.985.054 bytes. You >should be able to open the zip file and all including jar files with a zip packer or a utility as Total >Commander.

What I would do is either download a fresh copy of the zip file or unpack the downloaded zip to a local >folder. If the zip utility cannot unzip all components, there is a defect in the zip file. I just downloaded >the zip file a few minutes ago and it seems to be fine.

Thanks for the reply, Thomas. The zip file I used for the local repository was indeed the correct size. I took a close look at some of the .jar files in the unzipped file with what was present in the /program files/ibm/SDP/plugins/etc... folder and noticed some size differences. For example biz.iSphere.adapter_3.1.3.r.jar was 14K in the repository and 2K in the /plugins folder. So, I renamed it, copied the repository version over and re-ran the install. It worked. Go figure.

--Buzz

This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.