You can create user prefix commands, but AFAIK that will require you creating a plugin and adding your command there.

When you are opening those files, they are actually opened in their entirely.
However there are no line breaks so the entire file appears on one single line.

On V7R3, a lot of the files in /QIBM/Include are symbolic links to files in QSYSINC/H and other various files in QSYSINC.
If you were to open member ARM4 from library QSYSINC file H, then you would see the source with line breaks.

The files in QSYSINC are source files with a defined record length.
These files have no line endings (Like CRLF or LF, etc) and the normal member editor uses the record format length for line breaks.

But since you are opening the member from the symbolic link it appears that RDI doesn't know what to do about the line length.
I think this is probably just an oversite.
What I find interesting is that RDI does know how to open the member and strip the sequence number and date area off the file before showing it in the editor window.
It just needs to add line breaks and you would be good. I'd suggest creating an RFE for it.

But in the meantime, locating your desired member in the QSYSINC library will probably solve your immediate need. Most likely they are in the H file.

Chris Hiebert
Senior Programmer/Analyst