"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 12/12/2017 10:18:07 AM:
----- Message from Stuart Rowe <rowestu@xxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 12 Dec
2017 04:45:58 -0600 -----

"Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] 9.5 with 9.6 was: RDi Birthday Celebration

I've been back to using 9.5 because 9.6 will not (again) remember the
column widths in the Object Table view. Every time I start it up, the
columns are excatly 1 character wide (the CONTENT is correct, I just
can't
see it). 9.5.1.1 eventually remembered the column widths, but I don't
know
how or why it did so. 9.6 never remembers and I have to drag the
columns
wider so I can use the table every time I start it up.

Try moving your mouse pointer to the line between the column headings at
the top of the table. The pointer should show arrows pointing both ways.
If you double-click, the column will size to fit. That makes that part
quicker.

I believe this is how I got it to always open back up with the column
sizing set the way I like it:

- go to 'Window', 'Perspective', 'Save Perspective As...'
- and save your perspective. (I generally just save with the same name and
tell it yes, I want to overwrite/replace the existing save. )

Mine always opens back up with the object table the same.

---------------------------------

On a different note, I keep 9.5 around because the screen designer has a
regression--from early 9.5, fixed in 9.5.1.2, and then broken again in
9.6.

If you add a text constant longer than 35 characters or so. Then sort the
screen. The long text constant will be all upper-cased. Not a show
stopper, but it's irritating if I don't catch it before we promote a
screen to production. I use 9.5 when I have to do Screen Designer work
with longer text constants.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International