What is the "Graphical debugger (not RDi)"?

- Dan

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Sturgeoff, Lorne <
lorne.sturgeoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We've had similar ongoing problems for years, since WDSC. I once opened a
PMR with IBM but they couldn't replicate the problem. IBM told me to click
on the little downwards triangle IBM i Service Entry Points view and clear
all service entry points. That did not work for me. Case closed.

It seems that, for whatever reason, RDi gets out of sync with the debug
server. Once that happens there's no fixing it except shutting down RDi and
trying again. Meanwhile the program that was supposed to be debugged may
have run to completion without breaking in the RDi debugger. This behavior
continues to the current version of RDi (9.5.1.2). Not always but enough
times make one cautious about using it.

In our shop we have learned not to use the RDi debugger is it's critical
that the program break. I love the RDi debugger and use it for non-critical
tasks but it's still not ready for prime time, IMHO. Been burned too many
times. For critical debug tasks, I still use the old green screen debugger.
Some in our shop use the Graphical debugger (not RDi).

Hope someone can solve this.

Lorne.