"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/06/2017 01:00:01 PM:
----- Message from Mohan Eashver <mohankva@xxxxxxxxx> on Fri, 6 Oct
2017 11:45:51 -0400 -----

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

[WDSCI-L] Maintaining old RPG 2 or 3 code on RDi

Hello Good Friday to you,

I opened a program whose source type RPG & NOT RPGLE.
And i wanted to see Block Nesting on an IF statement.
And placed my cursor on the IF statement and pressed CTRL + SHIFT + O.
The RDi app never came up with lines to show the block nesting.
However when I did CTRL + SHIFT + M, the App took me to the ENDIF back &
forth.

Do you believe that RDi does not like source type RPG & works only on
RPGLE
?

----
Regards,
Mohan Eashver

Just to be clear Ctrl+Shift+O does the outlining function. Ctrl+Shift+M
does the same as you're describing even on RPGLE code. That said as others
have pointed out, the function for Ctrl+Shift+O is not supported on the
older RPG types.

And even tho I would never recommend doing any new programming in RPG38,
RPG/400, etc., RDi and LPEX are still *WAY* better than SEU. More lines of
code and a very limited outline function. But the lines of code, split
views, tokenized code (coloring the various tokens of the language) are
all of great benefit.

But as others say, covert the code and get even more productive.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International