Dan,

Apparently you are nearly as old as I am. I took Typing 1 in HS (1971) so I could play football my senior year (you had to be in 4 classes. I had Psych and English for two and I forget what the other was.) Once football season was over, I only had the two classes and worked the rest of the day. It took me 8 years to find the profession I wanted to use my typewriting skills.

I haven't heard about disappearing the feature of using monitors at portrait. Mine doesn't actually rotate, but I put it on a post and mounted one landscape and the other portrait. Windows did the rest. And that's the extent of my hardware knowledge. I'm probably wrong. I can't believe that monitors will lose a capability that they once had. Wait... no, I can believe that. I been around too long.

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:16 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Multiple issues with CL Source editing

Our monitors at work don't rotate, so there's that. (I've heard that this feature is disappearing via Q&A on a product web page for a monitor I purchased a few months ago. Anyone know?) I have three older monitors at home that do, so I should probably hang on to those.

Lol. No. I took Typewriting I & II in high school, which ages me greatly, but was, obviously, very helpful for the career I chose three years later.
The "old school" in me avoids using the mouse, by virtue of spending the first ten years or so of my career stuck with dumb terminals. If Alt-keys are available in WIndows apps, I'll always use those as opposed to moving my hand from the keyboard to the mouse, using the mouse, then back to the keyboard.

- Dan