From: Ken Killian
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2017 10:10 AM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries' <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] Feedback on iProjects - good, bad and ugly

I hear ya!

Just thought it would be good to have a File-Association thing for iProject to work with less Aggravation. Sort of like the third party software Softlanding/Turnover does.

Because as we all already know, RPGLE source can be created into different object types:
*PGM, *MODULE, *SRVPGM

It only makes sense that it should be more automated somehow, as others have suggested too.

Speaking of which, using iProject this morning. And went to compile and got the Milky White screen of Death... <disappointment>

I attached the following to open my PRM# 43110 442 000:
1.) Screen shot of Java Error (Java was started but returned exit code=-805306369) on closing RDI, due to lock up.
2.) Attached export Error-Log from RDI 9.5.1.2
3.) Zipped up my entire workspace, which was just created on April 18th

And sent it off to IBM for investigation. As typical, cannot repeat the scenario. Aggravating to lock up for no apparent reason...

After all, a restart fixes all...

Oh yeah, every so often my Dot-Net co-workers have to re-install Visual Studio due to "corruption", so it is NOT perfect either... It make the load of under 10-20 minutes for RDI 9.5.1.2 compared to the load time of 1.5 hours visual Studio look AWESOME! Of course it is sort of Apple & Oranges...

My PC specs:
Dell E6540
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB. I asked for 16 gig, but they only gave 8-gig... :(
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

-Ken Killian-