From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mitch Gallman
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:32 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Feedback on iProjects - good, bad and ugly

I use i Projects occasionally.

I use it primarily when I know I'll be making several iterations that I want to push to both our development and QA systems. I also use it for prototyping potential projects.

1) I almost always set my projects to create using a CLLE but I disable generating the COMPILE.CLLE and generate it once myself and then edit it manually.
- Not sure how to get i Projects to know that the member is for a service program instead of a normal program - So I always have to change these.
- We have non-standard types in some cases - PFTBL & LFIDX for SQL tables and indexes respectively - After setting up RDi to handle these it adds them to the COMPILE.CLLE but it adds them to the list after all the other creation commands...can't figure out how to change this.

2) Would like it so I can have an i Project that has both IBM i members and IFS files (Mix of RPG & Java / other language / IFS source). I could do it all in the IFS as mentioned in "Using Git and RDi step by step" but that would take it outside of i Project.

3) Compare with Each other (While selecting two members in the tree view) - Changed to hide / ignore the Sequence and Date in the member (I hate the inline "Compare to file..." option and never use it...I am too used to working in other types of projects in eclipse and using the built-in compare/merge editor).

4) Right click compare (On a single member in the tree view) - Give an option to compare to the remote member. Sometimes I make a quick change in SEU on QA just to try out something and then I may only want to merge some of those changes in. I could use the "Compare to file..." but as stated above...don't like it and then it takes too long to navigate to the member that I want to compare to.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.

Regards,

Mitch Gallman