It been many years since I actively use i Projects
1. Build command, program option is difficult. I could not just set it how I want it was always recreating the build script.
2. I develop several different projects in my one library but i Projects treats libraries as a single project so I cannot just sync the two environments.
3. I only develop when I am connected to our server so I really don't need remote capabilities.
4. Quick change, compile, test cycles were difficult.
5. Source dates are wiped clean and replaced by current value.
6. Some tools like RPG Tool box are useless because it cannot connect to a server.
7. There may be more but I don't really use it.
8. i Projects does not integrate with our CMS Rocket Aldon.
9. I rarely import OSS projects but I have used i Projects to do so at least for the upload part.
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:21 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rob Cecco <cecco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Feedback on iProjects - good, bad and ugly
As RDi architect, I want to make sure that I don't get out of touch with your experience in using RDi in the trenches.
For example, I might think that i Projects are a perfect way for people to be able to use Git on IBM i and maybe I am missing some reason why people are not adopting i Projects.
So please set me straight.
Who is using i Projects and if so how do you like it?
If you have tried i Projects and abandoned them, let me know why?
I am very thankful to have access to such a vocal group of customers that I can get unfiltered, immediate feedback from.
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.