On 14 April 2017 at 13:18, <MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've never gotten clear on this question. When you get a license to RDi,
it comes with 12 months of support. Then to maintain the license with the
right to upgrades, etc., we pay for support. Doesn't that mean each
license should be entitled to open a Service Request--SR (formerly known
as a PMR)?

It may not make sense, but I think IBM uses one licence paradigm for
all IBM i products. That is, the service and support agreement is not
with each individual user (RDi, DFU, 5250 emulation, web users for
Apache, etc) but with the organisation that paid the bill. That
organisation designates a support contact person who contractually has
the authority to initiate a service call. Can you imagine how it
would go if every 5250 user were able to call IBM service?

Now personally, I think that developers are more accustomed to working
with support, but I may have an inflated opinion of my own abilities
:-)

--buck