Those times were (are?) repeated over and over again. They were one of the banes of my life at IBM. The execs are persuaded that something is sexy and all of a sudden there is no way to get funding for anything that is not related to the "sexy thing du jour". So things got labelled SAA, AD/Cycle, VisualAge, Websphere, and onwards.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com