On 1/24/2017 3:09 PM, Edmund Reinhardt wrote:

"Formatting failed: No model available".

I too find 'model' to be... unhelpful.

...explain why the word "model" is used.

May I make a suggestion?

1) Change the text of the error message to something like 'Syntax errors
prevent building the Outline View'?

2) Put 'model' in the Help, so that when I search for it, there is some
bit of information explaining that 'model' is/can be/also means the
internal storage for the Outline View.

3) Add the word 'Outline', or 'Parser', or 'syntax', or anything really
to the error message.

4) For an error that completely stuffs the Outline View, perhaps it
might be good to do something dramatic with the warning triangles. Make
them red. Make them blink. Make them smell like bacon :-)

5) Leave the error message and help system and warning triangles as-is,
and put some text in the empty Outline View suggesting that clearing up
the syntax errors might make the word right again.

Those of us who read this list now might understand that when the
Outline View is out of round the first thing to do is to seek out the
yellow exclamation marks. But to these eyes, that error message is
foreshadowing an RDi reload.

With much love and respect,