When I ctrl-space for a procedure, and I pick the one I want and press
Enter, a sort of "template" or "guide" is emplaced into my source code with
the colons to indicate the parameter separation. Keen!

The weird thing is when the procedure has *NOPASS or *OMIT parms, the
emplaced "template" looks really bizarre. Here's a prototype:

d abumAppendField...
d pr n extproc(
d *cnowiden:
d 'abumAppendField'
d )
d abumField likeds( abumField_t )
d const
d options( *varsize )
d abumMsg likeds( abumMsg_t )
d options( *varsize )
d maxlen like( int_t )
d const
d options( *omit: *nopass )

When I ctrl-space and highlight the function and press Enter, I get this:

abumAppendField(:::*nopass));

Not sure what good the *nopass does at this juncture -- but when there are
like 10 of them, it looks REALLY bizarre escpecially when it has to wrap
the line because it got too long due to all the *nopass stuck in there.

Is this on purpose? What is it supposed to indicate to me as part of a
function call? I like it in the prototype picture I get with ctrl-space,
but it seems kind of senseless to emplace it into the source like that.