Hello,

I have big issues when it comes to working with forms in TurnOver in Rational Developer for i. My office is located few hundreds kilometers from server office.
The bigger the form(more objects), the more time I need to wait before form will be displayed in RDi. When form have few objects on it, it can take 30 second to just display it and it can take 1 minute or more to edit object on form than another minute for saving the form and soo on.
For bigger forms (more than 15 objects), displaying the form take 3-4 minutes and it is the same time for every other action on the form. Imagine that I need to modify few things on one form, My RDi freeze for few minutes every time. It is just not usable.

Thing is that displaying the same form in location where out servers are located take maybe few seconds and many times it is just instant.

The important thing is working with TurnOver using terminal emulator (5250) is much, much faster. That is because it is remote session and it works like I'm physically on server, while when using RDi everything need to go through our network. I can be wrong here but it looks like that. Not sure how it look on server side.

Of course it is not only TurnOver and forms which give me headache. Generally speaking, doing many things in RDi is really slow, compared to doing the same thing on terminal session. Opening big spoolfile take a lot of time.

I've checked network and it looks ok. Ping is 60ms and latency itself is not a problem but I can see application response going up linear with the network delay. But it seems the application is sending an awful lot of small packets. You can understand that if it takes 100 packets to send and receive query & response, you need to multiply that by the response time à 100 x 60ms= 6 seconds and we have like 30000 packets depending on form size.

Does anyone here work with RDi & TurnOver and have/had similar issues?

Filip Drzewiecki
Software Developer & Designer - Profes.
Shared IT Services

Volvo Group IT
Dept DE21300
ul. Mydlana 2A, 51-502 Wrocław, Poland
Email: filip.drzewiecki@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:filip.drzewiecki@xxxxxxxxx>

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise not authorized to receive this message, you are prohibited to use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this email or any information contained herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system.