Its interesting that you feel it works like you'd want it to. I also
right-click source members from RSE if I can (a nice feature added in v9 I
think), but sometimes I just want to quickly add a SEP without finding it
in RSE first.

I find that if I've entered *LIBL and a program name, but I need to select
something other than *ALL for the module, selecting Browse for a module and
then again for a Procedure builds a complete list of every single object in
my library list, including every module and procedure for *every* program
(despite already specifying a program name.) Additionally, I find that the
entire list of display files, printer files and database files are also
included in the list.

Browsing for a program name also produces the entire list (including files
and all, taking 5+ minutes or so to build sometimes) and the
modules/procedures are also listed but I can not select a module or
procedure if I've selected the browse by the program - I have to select the
program, then browse again to find and select the module, then browse again
to find and select the procedure. Obviously pen&paper would help, but the
tool could do it for me.

The time it takes to build the list for display after you've pressed a
browse button prevents all other actions in RDi (the SEP window is a modal
window!)

In essence, the browse buttons are taking too long to produce too much
information, some of which is unusable or irrelevant, and not allowing
selection of some of this information anyway. Additionally RDi is useless
until the list is displayed.

I am using V9.5.1 too.

If this is completely different to your experience, and you can't reproduce
what I am seeing, then perhaps I have a problem worthy of a PMR instead of
an RFE.

-Paul.