From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Tickner
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 12:04 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSphere and TurnOver

Sorry Scott, the User Actions call IBM i commands.
I tried this same method to invoke the Profound UI DSPF editor, since they had an RSE edit option in their plugin.
Couldn’t get it to work and our developers added an option to our plugins context menu.
If you could associate the Binding Directory editor as an editor for *BNDDIR in the associations it might work, that works for WebSmart.

A general rule of thumb (please correct if I’m wrong) if a User Action invokes a command that has an interactive portion it won’t work because there is no way a User Action can bring up an interface in RDi.

So for you the correct workaround is to build an RSE filter over the programer or project library for the Worklist and edit it in this way after you checked it out.
You can easily add the RSE Navigator view to the TurnOver perspective and then Save as to make your own customized perspective.
I like adding the outline view as well.

Question, you do know you don’t have to use Binding Directories in TurnOver as once you compile the program with the new module in your Worklist library then TurnOver will manage the compile for you with the correct list of modules/service programs. It is a pain to manually compile and have to specify the correct list of modules, we use a similar method but we have an interface for editing the list of objects bound in.

Thanks Jeff Tickner
Arcad Software
(10 years at SoftLanding first ;) )