From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:28 PM
To: Wdsci-L
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Any change to RDI settings to edit **FREE totally free RPG?

I thought Linoma did it so I checked the manual (http://www.linomasoftware.com/download2/manuals/rpgboxmanual.pdf) and yes it does. I’ve been using Code/WDSC/RDi for so long I’ve never needed to use this part of the Linoma tools but it is there along with a whole bunch of other goodies. See page 21 of that link for the Quick Reference.

I understand what you are saying but can only repeat my own experience - which is that the /* ,,, */ type blocks can cause chaos in a green screen environment - even more so when the block extends over multiple screens and you don’t have the start or end in sight. And yes - I have personally wasted a lot of time trying to debug comments!

Admittedly in the days when I had that issue I was using a Rexx enabled editor and had macros that would comment out the individual lines for me in one go …

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com