From: Sam Hansen <Sam.Hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/27/2016 10:30 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Expectations of Code Coverage Results
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a useability quesiton regarding the code coverage in RDi 9.5.0.3:

I tested this early on in the code coverage beta in a very narrow scope and
am now trying to expand it to a larger scale. I have found documentation
and tutorials online regarding the code coverage, how to initiate it and
how to interpret the results, but I am confused on what the expectations
are for how many test results are returned. Here is my scenario:

Generally I actually write another program to set up the test and then that
will call the application that I wish to evaluate. In my earlier tests,
this was always a 1:1, meaning that the "runner" application was called, it
prepped the test, it called the code coverage application, and then it
ended. This always worked as I expected it to. This is only a very narrow
scope of what I normally do for testing. Generally the runner applications
sets up all the test cases and calls the applications multiple times, once
per test case. When I set up the code coverage, I use the runner
application in the "how to start" tab of the code coverage configuration.
When the application is called multiple times from the runner program, I
get a varying amount of test reports returned. In one scenario, it calls
the "runner" application once, and then executes 10 test cases against the
code coverage application but only 4 coverage reports are returned to the
workbench.

So my question is, in this scenario, should I be seeing 10 coverage
reports, or is there something else that determines how these are compiled?
The results in the 4 reports do not include code that I know ran and I'm
wondering if this is in a report that is being left out somehow. If any of
you know of deep dive documentation for code coverage that would go into
this, I'd appreciate it.

Sam Hansen
This email message and any attached files contain information intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or
confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please (i) notify the
sender, (ii) do not review, forward, copy or distribute this email or any
attached files, and (iii) delete the original message.