To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/05/2016 01:11PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Fw: New RFE for your perusal

Mark

Had you looked at the CVS team support in RDi? I haven't, not sure if it
uses iProjects for IBM i stuff, though, or some other thing.

Just curious
Vern

On 2/5/2016 11:58 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. wrote:
I started this on Midrange-l, but the discussion became about RDi rather than the RFE, so I am posting here. The latest incarnation of free format starting in column 1 makes me believe that tools like Git are now even more accessible, if only RDi would support IFS development better. iProjects don't work for me because they are tied explicitly to a single library, and all source goes into source files which Git doesn't really know about. A generic project is closer, allowing me to load source into text files and use source control like Git as a repository. It even opens the files with the LPEX editor. But it doesn't allow me to compile because I can't find the compile menu or commands in the customization dialog. On the other hand creating an rpgle file in the IFS under RSE allows me to edit and compile, but I can't put it under version control because the context menu doesn't contain the Team submenu.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Forwarded by Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. on 02/05/2016 12:48PM -----