On 18 January 2016 at 09:08, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I connect to a couple different systems. I'm using 9.5 and also have 9.1 on
my laptop, my problem occurs with both versions.

One of the systems gives me an EVFA1020 dialog when connecting - host
servers not started. The other system does not have that problem.

And on the verify connection I get the report that "Connection to Record
Access server failed".

First, what is the port used by "Record Access server" - I suspect 446, but
I can't find THAT name anywhere, Googling or KnowledgeBase or whatever.

I can never find the right page either but it's in the wiki:
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Rational_Developer#TCP.2FIP_ports_used

Finally, we need some help analyzing and determining - logging is set at
minimum, I see that EVFA thing mentioned, no details.

I've wondered about local port blockage on the laptop - corporate policies
on it - but that's a WAG.

Wireshark is my go-to for all things TCP/IP.

The result is, I can open members for browse and I CAN'T open for edit.

That seems weird. I'd have thought that one port would be used for
reading AND writing. The point being that if I could read via port
446 I should be able to write via 446 as well. Are there security
exit points defined on those systems?
--buck