Craig,

I forgot to mention that the RPG Toolbox has an option to convert Move to simple Eval statements....

Pre Converted code: (Dummy Code that I created for a very simple demo)

D myChar8 s 8a Inz('ABCDEFGH')
D myWork8 s 8a
D CCYY s 4a
d cc s 2a inz('20')
d YY s 2a inz('15')
C move MyChar8 MyWork8
C move yy CCYY
C movel cc CCYY
C move *on *inlr

Okay, here is my code after I update modernize with the RPG TOOLBOX with RDI-Plug-in. Highlight and convert. I turned on the option NOT to change the source-dates. <smile>

dcl-s myChar8 char(8) inz('ABCDEFGH');
dcl-s myWork8 char(8);
dcl-s CCYY char(4);
dcl-s cc char(2) inz('20');
dcl-s YY char(2) inz('15');
MyWork8 = MyChar8;
%subst(CCYY:3:2) = yy;
%subst(CCYY:1:2) = cc;
*inlr = *on;

So, it does convert the moves, to work EXACTLY like the Old Fixed "MOVE" & "MOVEL"... <smirk>

Of course this "move-convert" is an option that can be turned On/Off. RPG TOOLBOX is HIGHLY customizable. My preference was set to "lowercase". It is your choice.

I would be interested to see an Arcad conversion; because I heard it can convert "GOTO". <LOL> I love to see that. I always basically do my "GOTO" conversions manually. Usually, I can convert them to Iter/Leave/LeaveSr with slight modifications.

When I study programming LAST CENTURY, when they use to still make the Outdated machine called "AS400". (Discontinued for 16-years now!) Even back then, they taught the "EVILS" of GOTO. NOT A NEW CONCEPT! <smirk> This Century, we use a IBM "Power System" running the O/S called "IBM i", that supports FREE-FORMAT. <Big Proud Smile> Very Soon to get rid of PUNCH-CARD COLUMNS!!! <Great overwhelming joy!>

Developers who use "GOTO" are Evil/Lazy/Amateurs, or went to a crappy College/Tech School. <Laughter>

I had one "smart" developer tell me that "MI" (Machine Instruction") generates GOTO in the MI. So, he bragged how smart to use GOTO. I agree with him on MOST THINGS, EXCEPT FOR THIS! <LOL> He passed away decades ago. He never got to experience RDI. <frown>

Note, I usually review some of the converted code, and usually do so minor manual conversion. The biggest conversion problems are usually Date/Time Conversions. Which is easy when I use the BIF: %Dec, %Timestamp, %Date, %Time.

http://www.linomasoftware.com/products/rpgtoolbox
http://www.linomasoftware.com/products/rpgtoolbox/rdi-plugin

Regardless, RDI 9.5 makes programming a JOY! <Big Smile>

Ken Killian | U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Senior ILE RPG Developer using RDi 9.5
SoftLanding/TurnOver Administrator
4080 Jenkins Road | Chattanooga, TN 37421
Office: 423 510-3129
kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.usxpress.com