On 10/2/2015 12:38 PM, Tarr, Kenneth wrote:
It seems that with every upgrade of RDi we run into Memory Leaks. It seems to be back again. Working in the product for about an hour now, the heap got back up to over 700M of the 1024M limit as established in the control file. RDi V9.1 through V9.1.1.1 didn't have this much of a problem; it occasionally got above 400M but that was about it.

I have the Show Heap enabled, which has a trash can icon. I can click on this to collect the heap garbage and it does reduce the total amount, but what was noted is that I could click on it repeatedly and it kept reducing the heap size to where it's back down to about 400M. I did about ten clicks and each time it reduced in size; afterwards it stabilized.

Wow! I've in in 9.5 all morning and my heap is at 103M of 187M. I've
only been in one source member, but with embedded SQL and fully free RPG
with O-specs, haha!

I have the Outline View but I haven't clicked on that tab yet today.
Let me do that... opened it, clicked the Refresh icon and the heap went
to 126M for a bit, then down to 105M.

I never do a Verify, maybe that's it. Ctrl-Shift-V and at 110M.

Tried the formatter, Ctrl-Shift-F, the heap went to 118M and then I got
the Spinny Circle of Not Responding :-)

After the restart, it bounced around then settled at 110M of 136M.

I have iSphere and RPGUnit plugins installed. Did an iSphere source
file search, 121M of 147M, then dropped to 81M of 147M.

Just because I'm not right in the head, I pressed F12 to get focus to
the editor, then flicked the wheel on my mouse back and forth to scroll
the source a bunch of lines up and down, repeatedly for a minute. The
heap goes from about 70M up to 110M then resets back down to 70M and
continues that cycle. That was unexpected, so I used the wheel to
scroll up to the top, and then keep trying to scroll up. Despite no
visible changes on the screen, the heap kept climbing - at a slower
rate, but climb it did, and through about the same range as actual
scrolling.