From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:04 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Compile commands and iProject property file

On 5/15/2015 9:43 AM, Fajardo, Eduardo wrote:
> Yeah, user action would've been okay but the extra step of pushing the source to the iSeries before running the utilities/commands will not appeal to developers. Flimsy excuse, I know but that's a sad fact.

I thought I understood the issue, but now I'm sure I do not.

> Currently, we create our own "compile" commands to run various home
> grown iSeries based utilities such as source formatting, conversion,
> etc.

I'm trying to understand when I wouldn't want to do a push.  Let's say the command is 'source formatting'.  If I ran a command against the source member on the server, it is working against a stale copy of the source - the true copy is in iProjects, yes?  Wouldn't every command running on the server want to use the up-to-date source?

--
  --buck

--
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,