I tried, and got a bit further (I think?) following directions as best I could.
I found and downloaded (from fix central) refresh pack: 1.8.2.0-IBMIM-Multiplatform-Update-20150303_1526.
Extracted into c:\Program Files\IBM\IM1.8.2  (Installation Manager lives in c:\Program Files\IBM\)
Added c:\Program Files\IBM\IM1.8.2 at the top of the IM repository list
Ran IM Update.  Crashed with the following:

>  Failed to find required installation files.

>  CRIMA1161E: Failed to find required installation files.

>  Explanation: Installation Manager did not find required installation files from the repository. An
  issue has occurred with the package that cannot be resolved by Installation Manager.

>  User Action: If the repository files were transferred from a different location before the installation, verify that the files were not altered during the transfer operation. Copy the repository files to a different location and install from that location.  If the repository files were not transferred note the package name and version number and contact customer support.

>  CRIMC1020E: plug-in com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.23.v20120813_1807 not found

>  'plug-in com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.23.v20120813_1807' not found in C:\Program Files\IBM\IM1.8.2.

>  'plug-in com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.23.v20120813_1807' not found in C:\Temp\RDI-9.1.1-DISK1\disk1.

>  'plug-in com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.23.v20120813_1807' not found.

This is on the same PC where I have a Permanent License showing for RDi.

What next?

Michael Koester
Programmer/Analyst
DataEast - Granite State Communications