I have IM version 1.7.3, and I understand I need to update to version 1.8+ to get my RDi 9.1.1.1 fixpack for my RDi 9.1.1.

To update IM, I disable the firewall stuff, then open IM as administrator, and set the preferences to ensure that "Search for Installation Manager updates" is checked.  In the Repositories list, I have https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.v90

>From the archives I see that

https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.v91

is also used by some, but when I try to add that, I get a "failed to connect" message.

I add it anyway, but also note that when I try to access either of those sites from a browser, I get "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found."

And, sure enough, when I click IM's Update button, and I get a messagebox indicating neither of those repositories are "connected".  I click OK, get the messagebox saying a new version of IM is available... Do I want it?  I click the "Yes, Dammit" button and it crashes (I knew that).

More research turns up a Technote<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21695613> that acknowledges this problem.  Says the SSL problems are to blame for such failures and that TLS protocols aren't supported by IM 7.1.3.  It then goes on to say if I update to IM 8.1... [I'll be able to update IM to 8.1]

Infinite looping is familiar territory to us all, but... There must be an off-ramp somewhere.
Can someone point me to it?

Thanks.

Michael Koester

Programmer/Analyst