To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:32:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Filtering out comments

On 3/25/2015 12:14 PM, Roger Harman wrote:
We have a lot of heavily modified vendor code and the practice here is to keep (but, commented out) any code that was changed. It gets messy pretty quickly.

I'm trying to filter out comments which works well on an RPGLE member. Right-Click -> Filter View -> Code

But, we have a lot of older RPG400 code and I get the following error when trying to filter the source:
"commentOnly" is not a valid parameter for the "set excludedClasses" command.

I get the same error on CL source.

Is this a known limitation? Any workaround?

The underlying issue is that the excludedClasses variable wants to be
passed a legal class. Each parser has a different set of classes. You
can see what they are via 'query classes'.

So, the workaround is: For CL and RPG, the comment class is COMMENTS,
so: 'set excludedClasses COMMENTS'. For RPGLE and SQLRPGLE, the comment
class is either 'COMMENTS' or 'commentOnly'.

--buck

Anything I think I know is from observation. I wish I had better vision.