On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Greg Wilburn
<gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can recreate the scenario where it does NOT change the find
parameters in PDM. If I'm actually in PDM on the green screen
when I do a Text Search in RDi, nothing changes in PDM option 25.

Interesting. My green-screen workflow is such that I've always got
PDM open. Actually, I have it open on all of my multiple sessions.
And, since I can still get to the command line, I don't personally
find any disadvantage to having PDM open all the time.

So Vern, with Chuck's latest response, I see that my previous
"testing" wasn't rigorous enough. I mean, I kind of exercised the
possibilities of my own typical workflow, but my typical workflow
is... kind of special. ;)

In effect, my find parameters wouldn't change until the next time I
logged in, at the earliest (it's not like I use FNDSTRPDM every day).
Enough time lapses between my uses of PDM Option 25 that it's just as
easy for me to blame my own forgetfulness as it is to notice any weird
or unexpected interaction between the option and the command.

So, Greg:

I can see where a UDO would be a descent work-around. Just
tough after 15+ years of "25 <F13>"... I did lose some of those
when we upgraded from an old 5.4 box to a new 7.1 box.

If you are a relatively new RDi user, but a long-in-the-tooth PDM
user, and want to keep using both, maybe it's better if you change
your RDi workflow instead of focusing on the PDM side. Jon has
already mentioned that the iSphere search is an all-around better
choice anyway. Is there any chance you could use that?

John Y.